At the Walker House, our mission is to continue to bring the community of Grey Bruce together, as it we have done for over 100 years!
We strive to serve delicious food in a warm atmosphere with staff that treat you like family.
With the business ever-growing as a fast pasted, energetic, popular meeting place our goal is be the casual dining and events destination of Saugeen Shores. The staff here aren’t just co-workers, they’re friends who are passionate, fun and proud to be part of the Walker House team! We achieve success by working together to create memorable experiences for our guest’s and enjoy sharing excitement for our quality food, great drinks and exceptional service.
If you love meeting people and have a passion for hospitality, we are the place for you. Whether you are looking for a great career opportunity with plenty of room for growth or just a fun place to work while you’re going to school, you can find it here!
Walker House Positions
Front of House
Back of House
Walker House Leaders
Assistant Manager Position
The Walker House in Southampton is actively recruiting for an Assistant Manager. The Walker House was established in 1915 and has been proudly serving the residents and guests of Saugeen Shores for over 100 years! The team at the Walker House is hard working, fast paced, and committed to our guests.
If you’re a motivated, career-driven professional with hospitality experience and you are looking for a fast-paced position in an ever-growing restaurant, than the Walker House may be for you.
The guiding principle of the Walker House is to ensure a magnificent guest experience with great quality food in an environment that is as close to your own home as you can get. You need to be fast moving, passionate about the guest experience, and driven to support the Walker House team. Commitment to the community and the team is a must.
The Assistant Manager tasks and responsibilities include:
- Strong communication with General Manager to assist in hiring, events, training, and closing and opening the restaurant.
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting POS systems.
- Communicate with vendors to complete orders
- Leading by example to illustrate the important steps needed to achieve an unparalleled guest experience. For example, order making, table maintenance, prompt wait times for drinks, food, refills, and payment; cleanliness, professionalism, and an ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Overseeing all daily operations, including inventory management, scheduling, recruiting and hiring. During peak season the Walker House employs up to 70 team members so strong leadership capability is critical
- Creating and promoting strategies to improve service and grow business
- Reviewing and proposing community involvement, including participation in local events. The Walker House prides itself on our community spirit and our commitment to Saugeen Shores.
The Walker House needs a talented, energetic, organized and committed individual for the position of Assistant Manager. The Assistant Manager works in tandem with the front of house and back of house teams to create an unparalleled guest experience while ensuring year-over-year financial growth for the company.
The Walker House offers a competitive compensation package including a benefits program.
Please send your resume to email@example.com